AHRMM has compiled a list of frequently asked questions. If you have additional questions or need more information, please contact AHRMM at (312) 422-3840 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Online Member Account Login
- How do I register for the AHRMM website?
Click here to register.
- What is my username?
Your username is your primary email address - the address to which AHRMM emails are sent.
- How can I update my username?
Contact AHRMM at email@example.com or (312) 422-3840 to update your primary email address. If you are able to log in, you can update your primary email address online.
- What is my password?
Your password is between eight and 20 characters, includes at least one numeral and one letter, and has no spaces or symbols. To reset your password, click the Forgot password? link on the login page, or contact AHRMM at firstname.lastname@example.org or (312) 422-3840 for assistance.
- How can I update my password?
Once logged in, you can update your password online.
- Other questions?
Please feel free to contact AHRMM at email@example.com or (312) 422-3840. We look forward to helping you.
AHRMM Annual Conference & Exhibition
- How do I register to attend the upcoming Annual Conference?
Registration information can be found on the Annual Conference site. Online registration is fast, accurate, and secure.
- How do I become a presenter at the AHRMM Annual Conference?
The Conference Call for Presentations allows submissions of proposals to present an educational presentation at the AHRMM Annual Conference. Proposals are reviewed by the Annual Conference Education Committee. Check the Conference website for more information.
- I need financial assistance to attend AHRMM’s Annual Conference. Are scholarships available?
AHRMM offers Conference Scholarships for financial assistance to attend the AHRMM Annual Conference & Exhibition. Scholarships are supported by the Annual Conference's exhibiting companies. Check back in Spring 2014 for details about AHRMM14 scholarships.
- How does my company register to exhibit at the AHRMM Annual Conference & Exhibition?
Exhibitors can register and select booth space at the Annual Conference site.
- How does my company take advantage of Conference sponsorship and advertising opportunities?
Sponsorship and advertising opportunities are available on the Annual Conference site.
What are the dates for next year’s Annual Conference?
To see future locations and dates for the AHRMM Annual Conference, please go to the Events Calendar page.
- I want to obtain the Certified Materials & Resource Professional (CMRP) credential. How do I apply and prepare myself for the examination?
Refer to the AHA Certification Center to download the CMRP Handbook and Application. Self Assessment Examinations (SAE) are available to help better prepare for the Exam. Visit AHRMM's CMRP Certification page for more helpful resources designed to help you prepare for the CMRP exam, including print and eBook of the Materials Management Review Guide. (Note: Taking the SAE or reading the guide does not guarantee a passing score on the exam.)
- How do I renew my Certified Materials & Resources Professional (CMRP) credential?
Visit the AHA Certification Center to download a CMRP Renewal Application Form.
- I missed a recent educational program but am still interested in the information that was presented. What can I do?
AHRMM offers an online archive of all educational programs. Visit the AHRMM Learning Center for more information.
- My chapter or organization is hosting an educational program or course. How do we apply for Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Contact Hours to offer the event to attendees?
The CPE Application Form can be found on the CPE page. This page also has a CPE Reporting spreadsheet available for download to help you track your progress when completing continuing education programs.
- How do I receive CPE credits for attendance at a recently attended AHRMM educational session?
Contact AHRMM at firstname.lastname@example.org to request your certificate of attendance.
- How do I apply for a scholarship to attend the AHRMM Annual Conference & Exhibition?
Complete the application posted on Scholarships page.
- I attended a recent educational session and want to share it with other colleagues in my organization. Is this possible?
On-demand webinars and conference recordings are available in the AHRMM Learning Center.
- How do I find out about local AHRMM Chapter activities?
AHRMM recommends that you contact your local chapter to find out what is happening in your area. Local chapter information can be found on the Regions page.
- How do I become a presenter for an AHRMM web seminar?
Please contact us at email@example.com.
- I registered for a webinar, when will I receive the dial-in information?
The dial-in information is sent, along with the webinar PowerPoint slides, the day before the webinar.
- I just attended a webinar, when can I expect to receive my certificate?
Within two business days after the webinar, attendees receive an email with a webinar evaluation link. We ask all attendees to answer this short survey to help us evaluate the session. Certificates and a recording link are emailed to participants approximately one week later, after they complete the evaluation.
- Others from my facility listened in on the webinar, how can they get their certificates?
When we send you your certificate, we request that you let us know the names and email addresses of any other attendees from your facility. We will then send them their certificates, a recording link, and a link to the evaluation for them to complete.
How do the changes impact running for a board seat?
Now AHRMM members who meet the basic criteria can run for any open board seat instead of waiting up to three years for the seat in a given region to open. This gives every member more opportunities to serve on AHRMM’s Board of Directors.
Can anyone run for any open seat?
Seven board seats are allocated for the hospital provider community, two for the non-provider (GPOs/manufacturers/consultants/distributors) community, and one for the Uniformed Services. Previously, with the exception of the Uniformed Services, board seats were not allocated to a specific category. With the changing face of the healthcare supply chain and the transition from Materials Management to Supply Chain Management, the new AHRMM board structure will promote better diversity across the board.
How long do I have to be an AHRMM member to run for a board seat?
Interested members need only to have been a member in good standing for one year to run for an open board seat. In the past, requirements dictated that candidates be a member for at least three years before running for a board seat.
Now that regional board member seats are being eliminated, does that change how I will be represented on the board?
No. AHRMM’s board is a national board, and board members have always represented the entire AHRMM membership. You may still contact any board member to voice your thoughts and concerns, and board members will continue to attend chapter meetings and give presentations upon request.
Will there be any regional representation at AHRMM?
Regional representation is considered when assigning individuals to serve on AHRMM committees and task forces, and that practice will continue. Specifically, there will be emphasis on regional representation on both the Membership Committee and the Chapter Relations Committee to ensure that AHRMM is strengthening the regional knowledge infrastructure and that regional representation remains in place. These are the groups that are best connected to the entire country; that are best able to recognize regional variances that should be communicated across the continuum of AHRMM (the committees, the Board of Directors, and staff). AHRMM's committees are on the front-line reading what members need for an exceptional membership experience. This structure allows for open communication between AHRMM and the regions from both a membership standpoint and a chapter standpoint.
If I complete the candidate paperwork and meet the qualifications to run for the Board of Directors, will I automatically be included on the election ballot?
No. AHRMM limits candidates to three qualified candidates for each open board seat. All potential candidates that meet the qualifying criteria will be reviewed by the Nominating Committee, and if there are more than six healthcare provider candidates and more than three non-provider or military candidates, the Nominating Committee will review and place on the ballot the six healthcare provider, three non-provider, and three military candidates deemed most qualified and whose skills and experience most closely align with AHRMM’s needs at that time.
Besides serving on the national board, what other opportunities exist to serve AHRMM?
AHRMM members can volunteer to serve on committees, which are closely aligned with the AHRMM Strategy Map and help shape the organization. For members who have been active in their local chapter or are passionate about advancing the profession and like to “roll up their sleeves” and dig into the details”, committees are a wonderful place to start. If you enjoy facilitating a group of volunteers, Committee Chair roles may be for you. Leaders who can motivate, coordinate, and execute Committee agendas are critical to AHRMM’s success. Committees are where the important work of AHRMM gets done! The AHRMM Board of Directors set the vision and strategic direction for the organization; committees execute the nuts and bolts work of the organization.
- How do I contact a Board Representative?
AHRMM’s current Board members with contact information is included on the Board of Directors listing.
- How do I volunteer to join an AHRMM Committee or Task Force?
Each year, AHRMM issues a “Call for Volunteers” to all AHRMM members. If you are a current AHRMM member and interested in joining one of AHRMM’s Committees or Task Forces, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. A complete listing of the current Committees and Task Forces is available at Committees & Task Forces.
- What is a Fellow and how can I become one?
AHRMM Fellow status is presented to Certified Materials & Resource Professional (CMRP) members in good standing, who have met specified achievement criteria and submitted an approved, original, unpublished paper on a current aspect of materials management. To apply for Fellow status or for more information, visit Fellow Program.
- I am interested in becoming an AHRMM Board Member. What positions are available and how do I run for office?
Each year, AHRMM conducts elections for Board member and officer positions. If you are a current AHRMM member and are interested in running for office, visit the Elections page.
- How do I nominate someone for the George R. Gossett Leadership Award?
The Leadership Award is AHRMM’s highest honor. Refer to Leadership Award for nominations, award information, and criteria.
- Where do I find my membership number?
Your membership number appears in your welcome email and welcome kit from AHRMM. If you are having trouble locating your membership number, email email@example.com or call AHRMM at (312) 422-3840.
- How can I become an AHRMM member?
Membership information can be found in Membership. You can also join AHRMM now using our fast, easy, and secure Online Membership Application.
- How do I renew my membership?
All members should automatically receive an invoice a few months before their renewal date. There are several ways to renew your membership: submit the Online Membership Application, mail or fax in the printed Membership Application Form, or call AHRMM at (312) 422-3840. Dues may be paid using credit card or check. If you haven’t received an invoice and think your membership is up for renewal, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How do I update my contact information?
Members may update their contact information directly online on the Update Account page. Please review all of the information provided to ensure that it is accurate and up-to-date. Also, please remember to provide all of your information, as we realize there may be many ways to contact you. AHRMM will automatically use the information you specify as your “primary” address.
- Is my membership still current and what is my renewal date?
When you are logged into your account, your AHRMM Membership Expiration is displayed in the top right corner under your name.
- Can I get a receipt for my membership dues?
Please email email@example.com to get a receipt of payment for your annual dues.
- I can not access the Members Only section or the website. What is my username and password?
Please go to “Forgot Password” on your membership login to find out what your current user name and password is. If you do not know your current user name, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- I tried to log on to the AHRMM website and it states that my membership number is being used by someone else. What should I do?
Please double check your membership number to confirm that you are keying it in correctly. Also, please make sure that you have added three zeros (000) before the seven digit number. If you have double checked both of these and your login still is not working, please call AHRMM at (312) 422-3840 or email email@example.com.
- I have not been receiving my AHRMM eNews. How can I confirm my membership status and address?
Please go to the AHRMM eNews Troubleshooting page as the AHRMM eNews email address may have been blocked from your server. If you find the problem has not been resolved after reviewing the suggestions provided, please call (312) 422-3840 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- When is National Healthcare Supply Chain Week (SC Week) and how can I order products?
Please go to the Event Calendar page to see the schedule for National Healthcare Supply Chain Week (SC Week). Visit an official SC Week Store to order products.
- How do I determine what Chapter is in my region so I can meet with other AHRMM members in my area?
To find and contact your local chapter affiliate, refer to the Regions page. Current AHRMM members may also contact other AHRMM members by searching the Member Directory.
- How can I communicate with other AHRMM members on current industry news and trends?
AHRMM’s ListServ offers members the opportunity to communicate with other members via email. Ask questions and get answers fast on industry news and trends. The AHRMM LinkedIn Group is just another resource for supply chain professionals to stay informed and keep in touch with people who share the same interest in the healthcare supply chain. Follow AHRMM on Twitter for updates about what the latest industry trends and Association news.
- What types of networking opportunities are available at AHRMM’s Annual Conference & Exhibition?
AHRMM hosts several networking events at the Annual Conference. The Annual Conference website lists the most up-to-date information on all Conference programs and events.
- Can AHRMM help me look for new job opportunities?
The Career Center offers an online tool for searching for new employment opportunities in the healthcares supply chain field. Employers post open jobs directly online and they are sent out to the AHRMM membership every Friday via the weekly Job Alert email. Members can also make themselves accessible to employers on the Career Center by posting their resumes to the website − a free and confidential service.
- How do I submit a Leading Practice Paper?
Refer to the White Papers and Leading Practices pages to submit paper.
- Where can Leading Practice and Fellows Papers be viewed?
A Members-only benefit, refer to White Papers to read the current Leading Practices and Fellow Papers.
- I am looking for new product options. Can AHRMM help me find a vendor?
The Business Directory offers information on suppliers who provide the products and services you need in your area.
- Do you have a current salary survey?
AHRMM conducted a Salary Comparison Survey in 2014. Customized and general reports are available.
- How do I order the Materials Management Review Guide?
You can order the Materials Management Review Guide at the MyAHRMM.org.
- How can I advertise on your web site or in your newsletters?
Go to Advertising & Sponsorship to view all of AHRMM’s current marketing opportunities.
- How do I advertise job opening to AHRMM's membership?
Please go to the Career Center to find out how to post a job opportunity to AHRMM members. All active job postings are emailed out to AHRMM's membership every Friday via the weekly Career Center Job Alert.