Healthcare Supply Chain Leadership Institute
October 7-9, 2013
AHRMM's Healthcare Supply Chain Leadership Institute, sponsored by Cardinal Health, is an exclusive education opportunity designed especially for individuals employed by healthcare provider organizations with responsibility for the organization's supply chain. Applicants should be experienced managers and have a strong desire to take on advanced leadership roles in their facility and the industry. The Institute focuses on the same core materials used to cultivate chief executive officers in hospitals and healthcare organizations through a variety of learning modalities. The program includes online and webinar components as well as a three day face-to-face meeting.
Who Should Attend
- Those interested in taking on leadership roles in their facility and the industry.
- Managers/Directors with experience managing people looking for the next step in their career.
- Individuals who have demonstrated leadership qualities and significant promise.
- Those interested in focused learning and networking with established leaders in the field.
- Those interested in building their network of supply chain leaders.
- The men and women who will be the Supply Chain Executives & Leaders of Tomorrow.
What to Expect
Participants will identify, develop, and appreciate the strengths and impact of their own personal leadership styles, and will learn how to leverage that understanding within their organizations.
- Learn directly from supply chain industry leaders utilizing “real-world” situations.
- Program creates inclusive setting where supply chain professionals can network and receive guidance from established leaders.
- Build your own network of supply chain leaders from across the country.
- Be a stronger, more well-rounded leader for the supply chain industry.
What You Will Learn
The Leadership Institute will focus on four pillars of leadership and will expand your knowledge of the following competencies:
Vision and Strategic Thinking – understanding the difference between vision and mission, seeing the big picture, setting goals.
External Awareness and Customer Service – appreciating the nuances between internal and external environment, relationship building from a leader’s perspective.
Decisiveness, Entrepreneurship, and Problem-Solving – empowering staff to be innovative, identifying issues, understanding audience, and identifying avenues for success.
High-Level Communication – knowing your audience and modifying the message accordingly.
Conflict Management – types of conflict, climates of confrontation, categories of conflict/disagreement.
Integrity, Accountability, and Credibility.
Developing Others and Team Building – key components of effective teams, integrating team players, positive team behaviors, keys to success.
Diversity – supporting diversity in the workforce, ties to team building.
Building Coalitions and Fostering Relationships – understanding political capital, key stakeholders, treatment with respect, building credibility.
Political Savvy and Influencing and Negotiating – identifying negotiation goals, balancing different viewpoints, how to present yourself, timing of negotiation.
Creativity and Innovation – acting on new ideas and demonstrating a willingness to move on from mistakes; keeping an open mind.
Flexibility, Resilience, and Taking Initiative.
Self confidence and prudent risk-taking such as knowing your skills and identifying the direction you want to take. Understanding the skills of others and allowing mistakes.
Must be a current AHRMM member.
Must be employed by a healthcare provider organization.
Have experience managing people.
Have demonstrated leadership qualities.
- Must submit a letter of recommendation from a supervisor or executive team member.
AHRMM Members: $1,200.00
Three nights hotel accommodations.
All meals throughout the face-to-face meeting.
Online self evaluation.
One pre- and one post-work webinar.
Face-to-face meeting registration (three days).
The Healthcare Supply Chain Leadership Institute is sponsored by Cardinal Health.