Share Your CQO Leading Practices - Call for Submissions
The 2018 Call for Leading Practice Submissions is Now Closed
Check out leading practices previously submitted by healthcare systems, that demonstrate improved quality of patient care, costs, and outcomes.
Browse the Leading Practice Repository.
If you have been successful in implementing strategies that improved the quality of patient care, reduced costs, and enhanced outcomes, we want to hear about them and share them with others across the healthcare field. AHRMM has been building a repository for leading and proven supply chain practices, case studies, and tool kits that are developed from a Cost, Quality, and Outcomes (CQO) perspective. Submit your practices to the repository and help spread excellence and innovation across the healthcare continuum. As more organizations adopt and share these leading practices, a greater cumulative benefit is circulated across the healthcare field.
This latest call for Leading Practices is for submissions highlighting initiatives in the following seven areas:
- CQO initiatives within the non-acute care setting
- Organizational efforts to decrease 30 day readmission rates for a specific population type
- Examples of risk-sharing contracts with suppliers
- Internal and external collaborative activities associated with Alternative Payment Models
- Success in the reduction of healthcare-acquired conditions in the areas of falls and surgical site infections
- Programs highlighting supply chain’s role in Social Determinants of Health (SDOH). Examples include but are not limited to contracting, logistics, sustainability, community outreach, and collaborative partnerships.
- Supply chain’s collaborative role and the sharing of information with pharmacy and therapeutics leaders in addressing the Opioid crisis. Examples include providing real world data around pain reducing technology and pumps, data on biosimilars, and review of clinical utilization.
- Submissions must address all three areas of cost, quality, and outcomes as defined above.
- Submissions must use AHRMM’s Leading Practices & Tools, one-page template* to address all areas outlined in the template (Problem, Methods, Means, Date Implemented, Outcomes, Tools, CQO)**.
Submissions must be received by the end of day on Friday, May 4, 2018.
Rewards for Sharing your Knowledge:
- Approved submissions will receive a 10% discount off AHRMM18 registration or a complimentary copy of "The Healthcare Supply Chain: Best Practices for Operating at the Intersection of Cost, Quality, and Outcomes," (Second edition).
- Materials may reflect the name of the originating organization.
- Selected materials will be shared with the public via AHRMM’s website in the Leading Practices Repository (ahrmm.org/leading-practices).
- Two selections will be offered the opportunity to present their leading practice as a Learning Lab presentation at AHRMM18.
- Selections chosen for Learning Lab presentations will be highlighted in Supply Chain Strategies & Solutions magazine.
Cost: All costs associated with delivering patient care and supporting the care environment.
Quality: Patient-centered care aimed at achieving the best possible clinical outcomes.
Outcomes: Financial reimbursement driven by outstanding clinical care at the appropriate costs.
Leading Practices: Practices designed and implemented by multidisciplinary teams that have measurably improved the quality of patient care, resulted in reduced costs, and improved outcomes.
Please Note: Leading Practices remain the intellectual property of the submitting organization, however, by submitting tools (calculators, spreadsheets, datasheet templates, etc.); the organization acknowledges and consents to allow these tools to be adapted and used by the public.
Submissions will be vetted by an AHRMM Task Force comprised of provider and non-provider members. All submitting organizations will be notified of their selection’s status by AHRMM.
* Template answers must be kept to two pages; fields are not restricted, i.e. submitter may determine the length of each field, as long as the entire synopsis remains on one page.
* Organizations may attach supporting documents and tools totaling eight (8) pages, total submission is not to exceed ten (10) pages (2 page template, 8 pages of tools).
Submit Your Leading Practice
Complete the forms below and send them to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "AHRMM Leading Practice Submission" by May 4, 2018.
For questions regarding the Leading Practices repository or the submission process, please contact Mike Schiller, AHRMM’s Senior Director of Supply Chain, at (312) 422-3839 or email@example.com.
CQO Leading Practices Repository
Tap into an online repository of evidence-based, replicable supply chain best practices and tools to eliminate:
Catheter Acquired Urinary Tract Infections (CAUTI)
Hospital Acquired Pressure Ulcers (HAPU)
Hospital Acquired Nosocomial Pressure Ulcers (NPU)
Costs Related to Blood Products and Services
Join the CQO Movement
Visit www.ahrmm.org/CQO to learn how you can benefit by joining the CQO Movement.
What is CQO?
AHRMM launched the Cost, Quality, and Outcomes (CQO) Movement in January 2013 to guide the healthcare supply chain professionals through sweeping changes in the healthcare landscape brought by the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. Read more.