Benchmarking Metrics That Make Sense
Learn the What, When, Why and How of Benchmarking
Member Price: Free | Non-Member Price: $99 | CPE Credit: 1
Every organization has a variety of internal and external benchmarks at their disposal. It is easy to get lost in the data, thus it is necessary to determine what metrics to utilize and how they can affect and guide your organization. Metrics need to be practical for each individual provider, and supply chain must choose their measurements and comparisons carefully. In this webinar, speakers will guide attendees to the understanding of meaningful benchmarking and discuss several scenarios, useful metrics, and variation considerations to help make appropriate decisions that can improve supply chain performance.
- Identify which supply chain metrics align with your organization and department goals and can lead to improvements.
- Determine which group to compare your metrics: your own organization, GPO metrics, other individual organizations, industry leading practices, etc.
- Communicate the variances in your metrics with industry leading practice or other organizational benchmarks.
How this Session Relates to the Cost, Quality, and Outcomes (CQO) Movement:
Good metrics will help you focus on areas that need your immediate efforts and will often result in reduced cost through the elimination of waste, or the ability to identify process inefficiencies, leading to improved quality of data and patient outcomes.
- Supply Chain Directors and Managers
- Clinical Resource Managers
- Purchasing Supervisors/ Directors
- Procedural Departmental Leads
- Senior Vice Presidents
- Vice Presidents
- Value Analysis Leads
Appropriate Career Level(s):
Presenter: Kelli McRory, Director – Clinical Strategic Sourcing, Jefferson Health
Presenter: Stewart Layhe, Director of Support Services and Supply Chain, Denver Health