Leadership Dynamics in Health Care Supply Chain
Member Price: Free | Non-Member Price: $49 | CPE Credit: 1
12:00 - 1:00 PM CST
When an organization’s leadership changes due to retirement or a career transition, many issues can arise such as reduced employee morale, increased negativity about the change, and a critical loss of operational and strategic information about the company.
There are specific skills and knowledge points that a new or emerging leader must take into account, aside from basic management qualities.
New or emerging leaders should:
- Learn employee communication preferences and work styles.
- Be aware of their own strengths and capabilities.
- Adapt their management styles to the various personalities and work ethics of employees.
In addition, new leaders must be equipped to handle certain situations where their new position will be questioned by their peers and those in the company who are older or have more experience. In this situation, new leaders must figure out how to be taken seriously, and command the respect to effectively lead.
In this webinar, you will hear an engaging conversation with emerging, retiring and change leaders. They will share their perspectives of the leadership skills needed for the current and future workforce.
As you listen to their experiences, you should consider your own team and how you can handle the situations that you may encounter should you pursue a leadership role in the health care supply chain.
- Identify and align your individual capabilities and strengths within leadership role(s).
- Explain how to lead a team of varying ages and personalities to successful project outcomes.
- Describe five key practices that can increase success as a leader.
- Discuss the necessity of collaboration and information exchange between new, emerging and retiring leaders and develop a plan to begin discussions within your organization.
Who Should Attend This Webinar: Health care supply chain providers who are aspiring to be leaders in the field.
This webinar is presented courtesy of AHRMM CQO Sponsor Cook Medical.
Presenter: Dave Reed, Vice President of Healthcare Solutions, Cook Medical
Presenter: Kreg Koford, Senior Vice President of Supply Chain and Sustaining Care Services, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
Presenter: Joe Walsh, Coach, Educator, Advisor, Supply Chain Sherpas
Presenter: Sara Henderson, Vice President of Supply Chain, Avera Health