CMRP Course Bundle
Publish Date: January 01, 2013 | Content Areas: Professional Development | Tags: CMRP, Contracting, Inventory Management, Purchased Services, Strategic Sourcing | Formats: eLearning Course
Member Price: $365 | Non-Member Price: $480
CPE Credit: 6
This bundle includes six courses that are aligned with the CMRP curriculum outline, offered at a 20% discount for members and a 15% discount for non-members. The six courses include:
- Finance - Cost Management
- Examine how fixed non-movable equipment and grouping similar capital equipment by type or manufacturer is a good way to affect cost savings.
- Recognize the importance of being familiar with your organizations budget process and being able to assist in preparing and analyzing pricing and usage information, budget variance, annual objectives and recommendations, and non-labor budgetary expenses.
- Explain how to develop purchasing and financial document retention and filing system in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- Recognize how to communicate with Accounts Payable to ensure best practices.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the impact that reimbursements have on the revenue cycle.
- Describe how to manage cost saving programs including how to develop cost savings programs, equipment maintenance, and consumable product evaluation.
- Information Technology and Data Management
- Explain common supply chain system standards and the benefits they provide.
- Apply common supply chain data standards (e.g., GLN, GTIN, FDA, UDI) to your organization's MMIS.
- Define the common ANSI X.12 EDI transaction sets.
- Collaborate with Information Technology and Health Information Management to facilitate records management storage, archival and retrieval including Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) compliance.
- Logistics and Inventory Management
- Identify customer service metrics
- Define different methods of inventory control
- Describe types of inventory
- Discuss inventory positioning strategies
- State various inventory receiving and distribution methods
- Identify logistics process improvement opportunities
- Discuss various supply distribution systems
- Describe ways to return, recall, or exchange inventory
- Purchasing and Contract Management
- Identify key components and documents used in the purchasing process
- Explain product selection methods
- Explain the contract negotiation process and roles
- Explain key legal terms to potentially include on purchase orders and in contracts
- Define key legal and ethical considerations
- Strategic Planning and Leadership
- Define key strategic planning and quality management concepts.
- Understand how supply chain management can apply these concepts to improve operations.
- State ways in which to achieve customer service excellence.
- Identify the 12 steps to strategic planning and the process for implementing a strategic plan framework.
- Define leadership and key attributes of successful leaders.
- State principles of purchasing ethics and recognize conflict of interest situations.
- Name regulatory and accreditation agencies.
- Recognize the types and process of product recall.