Product Disruptions Are Impacting My Business Continuity
Member Price: Free | Non-Member Price: $99
CPE Credit: 1
Business continuity encompasses strategic planning and preparation to ensure that an organization can continue to operate in the event of a serious incident or disaster. And is able to recover to an operational state within a reasonably short period of time. In this on-demand recording, a provider, supplier and distributor will discuss their roles, and how they can work together to develop and implement product continuity plans for a disaster or emergency. Presenters will outline what each group should expect from one another as they establish leading practices that minimize the impact supply disruption events have on their organizations.
How this Session Relates to the Cost, Quality, and Outcomes (CQO) Movement: Significant costs can be incurred when supply disruptions occur. From operational cost to product cost to patient outcomes, all of these could lead to added expense for a health care organization. The quality of patient care could be impacted by the use of unplanned alternative products, limited clinical training and product shortages. The development of an advanced continuity plan for critical products is necessary in order to reduce the overall impact to the patient, the integrated supply chain and the health care organization.
- Define a product disruption (shortages, discontinuations, recalls, etc.).
- Describe a process to respond to a product disruption that includes key leadership stakeholders for decision making and communication.
- Identify and address potential business continuity risk factors.
- List steps to be taken to assure timely and coordinated response protecting patients and clinicians from adverse outcomes.
- Explain the various questions providers, suppliers and distributors should be asking each other and how the information should be used in the emergency planning process.
Target Audience: Value analysis, purchasing, manufacturers, distributors; operations, inventory management
Presenter: Annisa Claunch, Senior Account Manager, O&M Halyard
Presenter: Jason Burnham, BSME LSSBB MBA, Associate Director – Outbreak Readiness, O&M Halyard
Presenter: Terri Nelson, Director of Value Analysis, Mayo Clinic