Supply Chain Manager and Safety, Perry Hospital, Perry, GA
Joined AHRMM in 2012
1. Please share your history of involvement with AHRMM committees/task forces/activities:
Currently I am simply a member of AHRMM and have not gotten involved with committee or task force activities.
2. Tell us more about your specific job responsibilities in your company/hospital/organization:
I oversee the supply chain process from the cradle to the grave along with being the Safety Officer at Perry Hospital in Perry, Georgia. Supply chain includes Purchasing, Materials Management, Shipping & Receiving, and Distribution.
3. How many years have you been in your current role; how many years in supply chain?
I have been in my current role at Perry since 2012, but I have worked in supply chain since 1995.
4. What aspect of your job do you like best?
The best part of my job is being able to find cost savings for our organization.
5. What is the most challenging aspect of your job?
I find dealing with vendors who do not have an interest in negotiating to be the most challenging aspect of my work.
6. Who is your mentor/key influencer, and why?
My dad is my mentor and has had a significant influence on my life. He is a man of utmost integrity and has a strong work ethic, and he has impressed those qualities and characteristics upon me.
7. What AHRMM board/committee/task forces/activity/experience stands out/is most memorable for you?
My interests are value analysis, capital equipment, and cost savings.
8. Why did you join AHRMM/what keeps you coming back?
I joined AHRMM to stay up to date in my field and keep abreast of career advancement opportunities. Those same aspects keep me coming back.
9. Name one AHRMM tool you “cannot do without”:
Supply Chain Strategies & Solutions articles
10. What are key AHRMM resources you use to leverage your supply chain processes?
11. What is the best part of being involved in your professional association?
Networking opportunities are definitely some of the greatest benefits to belonging to AHRMM.
12. What is something most of your peers don’t know about you?
I am a leader in a small ministry at church.
13. In my free time I like to:
I like to spend time with my family, play golf, hunt, fish, play and coach softball, and participate in church activities.
14. Personal Motto or Favorite Quote:
“Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in and day out.”