The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) pay-for-performance programs impact all acute care hospitals in the United States. Several programs directly impact the supply chain, including value-based purchasing, readmissions reduction, and the hospital acquired conditions (HACs) penalty programs.
In this webinar, we decipher each program’s structure, measures, and specific payment connections through Federal Fiscal Year 2018 and proposed future changes. Emphasis will be placed on the value-based purchasing program.
- Understand the three programs in CMS pay-for-performance.
- Describe the progress of the value-based purchasing program since 2013.
- Identify the domains and key measures in the present performance period.
- Learn the future plans of value-based purchasing and the other pay-for-performance programs.
- JoAnn Brooks, PhD, RN, FAAN, FCCP — System Vice President of Safety & Quality, Indiana University Health