If you are not optimizing supply chain performance, you are missing the opportunity to control costs, improve patient safety, and increase nurse and physician satisfaction.
This book provides the information you need to understand and improve supply chain management at your organization. Written for senior leaders, this book explains how to enable your team to make sound supply chain decisions. Selecting where to make changes, when to use different supply chain approaches, and how to find greater value are at the heart of this book.
This practical resource provides guidelines for ensuring optimal supply chain operations, including how to:
- Minimize supply chain tasks for clinicians.
- Increase staff knowledge of supply chain operations.
- Develop supply chain metrics for service, quality, and cost.
- Develop supply chain goals and objectives by service line.
- Focus on the management of billable supplies.
Get started right away by implementing one of the supply chain improvement projects described in the book.
Each project description includes estimated costs and potential benefits to help you determine the best fit for your organization.
This book also provides tips for managing relationships with various stakeholders, including manufacturers and distributors.