- FDA approves first A1c test labeled for diagnosing diabetes...
- FDA alerts providers to potentially contaminated steroid injections...
- CDC ads to urge smokers to talk with their doctor about quitting...
- Agencies report action to improve veterans' access to mental health care...
- House holds hearing on state of drug compounding...
- Senate committee approves NLRB nominees...
ADVANCING THE HEALTHCARE SUPPLY CHAIN
The Association for Healthcare Resource & Materials Management (AHRMM) of the American Hospital Association is the premier organization for healthcare supply chain professionals. AHRMM strengthens the nation's healthcare supply chain by providing leadership, education, networking, and industry-specific resources to advance the field and enhance the professional development of its individual members.
- Join the Cost, Quality, Outcomes Movement to Prepare for the Changes Ahead
- AHRMM Teams Up with Industry Partners to Advance the Cost, Quality, and Outcomes Movement
- Time is Running Out to Save $200 on AHRMM13 Annual Conference & Exhibition Registration
- New Online Course to Help You Successfully Manage the Intersection of Cost, Quality, and Outcomes
- New Webinar on May 30 on Outsourcing Hospital Functions in the Post Reform Era
- Access May/June 2013 Digital Edition of Supply Chain Strategies & Solutions (Members Only)
AHRMM's Chair Annette Pummel, CMRP, Invites You to Join the CQO Movement
HEALTHCARE SUPPLY CHAIN STRATEGIES & SOLUTIONS
a Weekly Update on Industry Trends and Best Practices
Improve Your Supply Chain Purchasing in 3 Easy Steps
By Helen Gregg
Source: Becker's Hospital Review - May 10, 2013
“If you’re not working to save money, you’re losing money,” said Donna Worsham, senior vice president of National Surgical Hospitals in Chicago.
During a panel discussion at the Becker’s Hospital Review 4th Annual Meeting in Chicago on May 9, Ms. Worsham, along with Doug Golwas, senior vice president of Medline Industries, Richard Kunnes, MD, managing principal and CEO of The Sevenex Group, and Jeffrey McLaren, managing director of Huron Healthcare, offered advice for finding and making necessary budget cuts in a hospital’s supply chain. Read the full article.