Nominations for the George R. Gossett Leadership Award are accepted from active AHRMM members only. All nominations are reviewed and the recipient is chosen by the AHRMM Board.
- Have a leadership role in enhancing the practice and role of materials management/supply chain in health care.
- Have specific contributions and noted advances in such areas as: technical methods, organization and staffing procedures, advocacy, education, regulatory development, or other areas in the materials management/supply chain field.
- Demonstrate professional contributions, support of AHRMM, and advancement of materials management/supply chain.
- Have work that has brought special attention and visibility to the profession.
- Have personal and professional attributes including: integrity, leadership, creativity, strong professional ethics, and dedication, as well as a commitment to humanitarian principles.
Prior to acceptance, all nominations for the AHRMM's George R. Gossett Leadership Award must be completed and follow the guidelines outlined below. Nominees should be innovators, distinguished leaders, prominent educators, or constant advocates of the profession.
- Complete the
- Submit nominee's current resume.
- Submit a brief statement (three typewritten pages maximum) that includes the nominee’s qualifications and/or achievements within the past five years in the criteria outlined above.
- Submit a bibliography of articles written by the nominee, list of seminars where nominee has served as faculty, books and speeches published by nominee, and any other documentation that will support the nominee. Materials should reflect the nominee’s activities within the past five years.
- Please send all nomination materials to AHRMM, Attn: Leadership Award, 155 N. Wacker Drive, Ste. 400, Chicago, IL 60606. Applications must be complete to be accepted.
- AHRMM’s Board may ask for additional references to supplement supporting documentation for the nominee.