AHRMM’s Young Professionals Advisory Council (YPAC) provides education, leadership and networking opportunities for young professionals within the health care supply chain.
YPAC CAREs! The four identifying pillars of YPAC’s work are to:
- Connect – young professionals working in health care supply chain
- Advise – AHRMM on the professional needs of early careerists
- Represent – the interests of those 35 and under within AHRMM
- Engage – students and young professionals in the work of the profession
YPAC provides a platform for professional development and a forum for emerging leaders in the field to address the unique challenges facing the next generation of supply chain professionals and influence innovative solutions within health care.
YPAC advises AHRMM staff on programs, services and policies that will leverage the talents of the organization’s diverse membership in order to captivate and actively engage early careerists in the work of the profession.
YPAC acts to raise awareness of health care as a career option within supply chain and guide students and young professionals seeking a pathway through the multi-faceted supply chain ecosystem.
YPAC seeks to build a community of experts who are prepared to lead AHRMM and carry out its mission to advance health care through supply chain excellence.
YPAC’s Ongoing Priorities
- Advise AHRMM on education (online and in-person, content and delivery mode) that will appeal to young professionals 35 and under
- Conceptualize and establish a volunteer-driven framework for a student outreach program to promote awareness of AHRMM and the health care supply chain profession
- Create and organize two education sessions for the AHRMM Annual Conference
- Establish networking opportunities at the AHRMM Annual Conference
- Provide guidance to AHRMM on how to better market existing programs and opportunities to students and young professionals
- Ensure mechanisms exist, or create/propose new ways to capture data on prospects/members and program/service utilization in order to measure success and market programs more effectively