AHRMM Power Up Podcast Series: Fueling the Future of Health Care Supply Chain!
Get ready for an electrifying journey as we bring you the AHRMM Power Up Podcast Series, presented by the dynamic duo, Mike Schiller and Justin Poulin. In this groundbreaking series, we're plugging you directly into the pulse of the health care supply chain.
Join us as we charge forward, exploring the latest trends, unveiling strategic insights, and providing innovative solutions that will supercharge your supply chain operations.From high-level strategies that will revolutionize the industry to engaging discussions on member empowerment and breakthrough innovations, we've got you covered.
Get charged up because the AHRMM Power Up Podcast Series will be your monthly dose of inspiration and knowledge, empowering you to advance the health care supply chain like never before.
Stay tuned and join us as we illuminate the path to a brighter future for health care supply chain professionals.
Subscribe to the AHRMM Podcast
Listen and subscribe on the podcast platform of your choice:
This is the AHRMM Subject Matter Expert Podcast hosted by Justin Poulin. Tune in every month as we speak with Industry Experts to highlight success stories and solutions from the field that advance the healthcare supply chain. And now, Justin Poulin with this month’s Expert…
Corey Schmidt, an AHRMM YPAC member and the Assistant Director SHS Operations & Supply Chain Integration at The University of Kansas Health System
Topic: The challenges of rural health through a supply chain lens
- Falling behind in regards to the advances that are being made at a fast pace
- Lagging in technology adoption and fit (does not always work in rural settings)
Economic pressure for rural health
- This is becoming a big concern for rural communities.
- Becker’s Healthcare recently reported that 23% of KS and 4% of MO hospitals are at risk of immediate closure.
What happens to the community when these hospitals close?
- Rural communities have to travel farther for care
- Population health decreases
How can supply chain be a voice for these small hospitals
- Governor asked UKHS what we are doing to create sustainable healthcare
- Strategic Healthcare Solutions (SHS) – Network of Hospitals (can’t buy them all)
-Extend contract pricing to help create parity for the rural community hospitals
-Networking collaboration among members
-Create new solutions to solve challenges