DateWed, Oct 13, 2021, 10:00 AM – Wed, Oct 13, 2021, 03:00 PM
Supply Chain 101: An Introduction to Health Care Supply Chain
Part I of this two-part seminar series introduces the fundamentals of health care supply chain management. This virtually-led training is highly recommended for those who are new to the health care supply chain with the latest insights for those who desire to stay on top of an ever-changing profession. This interactive session offers learning and discussion about how the health care supply chain works when optimized inside a health care organization.
- List the core services of the health care supply chain, including: planning, sourcing, contracting, buying, receiving and payment
- Explain the basic principles of internal customer and supplier engagement to propel the supply chain forward in your organization
- Consider how the core services work together to serve in the interest of patient care
Supply Chain 201: A Look into the Strategy Behind Health Care Supply Chain
Part II of this two-part seminar series is designed to provide context around what makes health care supply chain unique and special. This highly interactive session offers peer-to-peer learning with an emphasis on discussion and idea-sharing under the direction of a seasoned facilitator and supply chain leader. Discussion allows for opportunity to share personal experiences and uniqueness’s inside your organization to support problem-solving and application when you return home.
- Discuss the health care trends that are impacting provider and supplier organizations
- Review the areas within health care that make the field unique and how that impacts the supply chain
- Examine health care nuances beyond the trends, that leaders and supply chain professionals navigate every day to ensure success
Joe Walsh, Coach, Educator, Advisor, Founder, Supply Chain Sherpas, LLC
Joe is a values-driven leader with a 20-year track record of leading supply chain transformations and new business development ventures at organizations within health care and beyond. Joe has served as Intermountain Healthcare’s Chief Supply Chain Officer and as Pensiamo’s EVP of Operations. Joe believes talent is the most important and impactful investment for any health care company. Joe founded Supply Chain Sherpas to help elevate the collective capabilities of our industry’s nextgen, emerging, and incumbent leaders. Solutions include executive coaching, leadership development, education programs, and advisory services."
Continuing Education Credits (CEC):
By attending both webinars, “Supply Chain 101 and Supply Chain 201 Virtual Led Training”, offered by AHRMM, qualified participants may earn up to 4 AHRMM Continuing Education Credits toward renewal of the CMRP and FAHRMM designations, and/or 4 ACHE Qualified Education Hours toward initial certification or recertification of the Fellow of the American College of Healthcare Executives (FACHE) designation.