This webinar discusses the health care supply chain, its strengths and weaknesses. It reviews best practices around the industry, including what Intermountain Healthcare has done with building its own logistics/distribution functionality. It will also present the implications of the future of the industry with the changing horizon that comes with the Affordable Care Act, including preparing to serve non-acute operations. While there is no solution that applies to every situation, a final discussion reviews the options that small and large hospital organizations have to add value via decreased costs and improved quality and outcomes.
- Recognize why the health care supply chain is more costly than that of other industries.
- Identify best practice strategies in managing logistics within the supply chain.
- Recognize the challenges and opportunities that come with health care reform.
- Determine how to apply what makes sense for your organization.
- Brent Johnson — Vice President Supply Chain & Support Services, Intermountain Healthcare