Management of inventory turns, reducing waste due to product expiration, and reducing inventory reconciliation adjustments are all possible thanks to the UDI barcode. Although scanning is a common practice throughout hospitals today with pharmaceuticals and patient identification, it’s relatively new for medical devices and supplies. Many health systems are still typing the UDI-DI into their EHR systems for medical devices. This practice is prone to human key entry error.
In the second installment of AHRMM's scanning series, leading experts discuss best practices for data capture and the approaches that achieve the best outcomes based on potential use case scenarios. The presenters go in-depth to demonstrate the accuracy of data output, leading to increased confidence in clinical variation analysis and standardization discussions. They also discuss software and hardware integration, visualize data modeling, and identify areas where functionality can be maximized.
How this session relates to the Cost, Quality, and Outcomes (CQO) Movement: Using the most appropriate scanning techniques improves an organization’s data accuracy which, along with maximizing software functionality, leads to more accurate reports and aids decision making./p>
- Determine the appropriate scanning approach for your organization based on leading practices, use case scenarios.
- Determine appropriate tools for each job (precursor to 301 with advanced technologies, situation requirements, etc).
- Describe to your team and C-suite how scanning is used to drive accurate data analytics and standardization.
- Discuss data integration and how to maximize the functionality of various hospital software systems including EDI, Serial Shipping Container Code (SSCC), ERP, and EHR systems and ultimate data standardization outcomes.
IT managers, SC distribution managers and directors, compliance managers and directors; VPs of SC, CNOs, CFOs, and other provider personnel involved in or responsible for the implementation of the FDA UDI program
- Brian Walters — President, Automatic Identification Systems (AIS)
- Peter Casady — CEO & Co-Founder, Champion Healthcare Technologies
- Download a brief on improved patient safety and business processes with UDIs (email required).
- Download a white paper on UDI Best Practices for Medical Implant Tracking (email required).
This webinar is sponsored by Champion Healthcare Technologies and Zebra Technologies.