Part 1: The Importance of Developing a Standardized Capital Replacement Plan
Capital equipment replacement planning is an activity many organizations engage in year after year. From ascertaining the current state of your equipment to prioritizing how funds will be spent, a standard process that includes gathering the data needed to determine priorities is crucial. In this webinar, we will outline a process of evaluating current equipment utilizing specific data elements and identifying where that data can be obtained. We will discuss and identify appropriate stakeholders as well as the roles and responsibilities required to develop a collaborative, system-wide plan.
Part 2: Ongoing Sustainment of a Standardized Capital Replacement Plan
Once a strategic capital replacement plan is in place, that plan must be managed appropriately and efficiently. Presenters of this webinar will discuss how to use data and planning results to prioritize and follow established guidelines to replace only the equipment that needs replacing. This presentation will provide the tools needed to quickly and accurately respond to ongoing requests for new equipment with solid data to support these requests or describe why it should not be prioritized.
- Outline the importance of logical multi-year capital strategic planning.
- Identify team members/stakeholders and roles and responsibilities.
- Describe the key components of a strong capital replacement strategy.
- Identify the process to create and maintain a priority list of replacement medical equipment by modality.
- Identify the components of a successful capital equipment replacement strategy along with a sample structure.
- Describe the importance of continually updating data and how that is critical for success.
- Dan Marcouiller — Manager of Capital Planning and Development, Allina Health