DateTue, Jan 12, 2021, 12:00 PM – Tue, Jan 12, 2021, 01:00 PM
**REGISTRATION FOR THIS EVENT IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE**
Robotics have revolutionized management information systems and fundamentally changed how certain procedures are being performed. With greater access to this technology, the use of robotics is expanding to additional procedures. In this webinar, we’ll review the relationship to the cost and time differences between robotic and laparoscopic (LAP) techniques across 7 key procedures. Dr. Stacy Brethauer, Value Analysis Team Lead at The Ohio State University, will walk us through how he analyzed his own hospital’s costs, outcomes and efficiency between these two techniques.
How this session relates to the Cost, Quality, and Outcomes (CQO) Movement: Assessing the procedural value of robotics can balance LAP procedural costs.
- Raise awareness to the variation in cost and time associated between robotics and LAP across 7 key procedures with data extrapolated from a third party database.
- Highlight the steps involved in investigating the cost and time disparities between robotic and LAP techniques and how to effectively share this data.
- Use the tools provided to perform this analysis at your own hospital to discover any cost improvement opportunities.
- Stacy Alan Brethauer, MD,FACS, FASMBS, Medical Director, Supply Chain Management and Vice Chair of Surgery, Quality and Patient Safety, The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center
- Stephanie Badeaux, Director, Healthcare Economic, Policy and Reimbursement, Medtronic, Surgical Innovations
Continuing Education Credits
By attending the Utilizing Robotics: The Procedural Value Equation webinar offered by AHRMM participants may earn up to 1 AHRMM Continuing Education Credit and/or 1 ACHE Qualified Education Hours toward initial certification or recertification of the Fellow of the American College of Healthcare Executives (FACHE) designation.
Not yet a member? Join AHRMM.
This webinar is sponsored by Medtronic: