The supply chain department of yesterday primarily focused on benchmarking, rationalizing, and standardizing in order to achieve the lowest acquisition price for medical devices and supplies. The focus on price over quality unintentionally disenfranchised physicians and negatively impacted patient care.
However, the robust supply chain department of today is clinically integrated. Now, clinicians and supply chain professionals are actively working together to execute key cost, quality, and outcomes initiatives.
Supply chain departments align incentives with their clinical colleagues to ensure that the focus is on patient care and value, instead of the lowest price for a product, service or medical device.
In this webinar, an elite group of expert clinicians and supply chain professionals share best practices on clinical integration in the health care supply chain. They discuss effective change management strategies as well as tactics to build collaborative relationships between the supply chain and clinicians.
How this session relates to the Cost, Quality, and Outcomes (CQO) Movement: CQO can only be achieved when clinical and supply chain areas of a health system come together to promote patient focus and drive costs down through quality of products and decisions. A clinically integrated supply chain takes the perspective of the patient and the caregivers, which unlocks all forms of value. This includes cost reduction, clinical quality improvement, reimbursement improvement, patient satisfaction improvement, physician engagement improvement, and risk reduction.
- Develop collaboration between clinical and supply chain to drive increased quality and outcomes.
- Explain the value and key elements of collaboration
- Discuss how the physician experience impacts the patient experience.
- Dr. Li Ern Chen, MD, MSCS, Physician Executive
- Matthew Mentel, MBA, MHA, CMRP, Strategic Partner, Strategic Optimization and Innovation Partners
- Jamie Green, MBA, CMRP, System Director of Strategic Sourcing, Baylor Scott & White Health
- Joe Walsh, Coach, Educator, & Advisor, Supply Chain Sherpas
This webinar is presented courtesy of AHRMM CQO Sponsor Cook Medical.