Effective and reliable policies and procedures are critical for a materials management department's success. However, every healthcare organization understands the challenges of generating and managing them.
In an effort assist supply chain professionals define the instrumental steps in operational procedures, AHRMM has published the Healthcare Materials Management Policies and Procedures Manual. With over 200 examples, this book and CD-ROM compilation contains an extensive collection of high-quality policies in printed and digital formats that can be easily modified to fit any organization's needs.
Authored by David S. Kaczmarek, CMRP, FAHRMM, the manual:
- Defines the instrumental steps for writing policies.
- Provides customizable content for an organization to create their own policy book.
- Gives instruction on how to improve organizational operations.
- Helps provide a better overall understanding of the tasks necessary to create sound procedures.
- Simplifies the job of creating policies while providing education in the following areas: Administration, Purchasing, Inventory Control, Receiving, Storage, Distribution, Linens, Central Sterile, Printing Services, and more.