WHY, WHAT, and HOW of Strategic Planning
Price: Member: $147.00 | Non-Member: $297.00
Continuing Education Credits (CECs): 3 hours
The role of the supply chain is more important in healthcare than ever before due to the rising economic challenges that are faced today under healthcare reform. The C-Suite is looking to the supply chain to address specific issues lead the way. Demonstrate how your department can contribute to the hospital’s bottom line with a well thought out and expertly implemented strategic plan. This content is also available in on-demand recording format.
Strategic Planning 101: Why is a Strategic Plan Important?
- Identify why a strategic plan is important.
- Recognize the role of supply chain managers.
- Discover what strategic plans should include.
- Examine strategic plan models such as vision-based and issue-based strategic planning.
Strategic Planning 201: How to Develop a Strategic Plan
- Examine the components of a Supply Chain Strategic Plan.
- Differentiate between strategy and tactics.
- Discuss the steps to undertake in strategic planning.
- Identify the process of developing a Supply Chain Strategic Plan.
- Recognize the elements/characteristics that make an effective plan.
- Learn how to proceed with the development of each element.
Strategic Planning 301: Implementing a Strategic Plan
- Review components of a Supply Chain Strategic Plan.
- Recognize the importance of presenting and selling the Supply Chain Strategic Plan.
- Examine several case studies.
- Prepare to implement a strategic plan.
Hospitals continue to face challenges with their supply chains and are spending more time than ever trying to manage those supply chains. Hospitals,…
Effectively managing a hospital’s inventory has always been important. However, it has become even more important over the past several years. Read…
Learn how Rush University Medical Center took an innovative approach to cost reduction and achieved a 21% reduction in the hospital’s shoulder…
Sponsored White Papers
This white paper explores the importance of balancing health care supply sourcing through both domestic and international suppliers, the benefits and…
On-Demand Educational Webinars
In this two-part webinar, professors from top supply chain management degree programs share perspectives on the current landscape, trends and future…
Explore common indirect spend risk considerations and prepare to take steps to introduce resiliency within indirect spend categories.