Price: Member: $147.00 | Non-Member: $297.00
Continuing Education Credits (CECs): 3 hours
The role of the supply chain is more important in healthcare than ever before due to the rising economic challenges that are faced today under healthcare reform. The C-Suite is looking to the supply chain to address specific issues lead the way. Demonstrate how your department can contribute to the hospital’s bottom line with a well thought out and expertly implemented strategic plan. This content is also available in on-demand recording format.
Strategic Planning 101: Why is a Strategic Plan Important?
- Identify why a strategic plan is important.
- Recognize the role of supply chain managers.
- Discover what strategic plans should include.
- Examine strategic plan models such as vision-based and issue-based strategic planning.
Strategic Planning 201: How to Develop a Strategic Plan
- Examine the components of a Supply Chain Strategic Plan.
- Differentiate between strategy and tactics.
- Discuss the steps to undertake in strategic planning.
- Identify the process of developing a Supply Chain Strategic Plan.
- Recognize the elements/characteristics that make an effective plan.
- Learn how to proceed with the development of each element.
Strategic Planning 301: Implementing a Strategic Plan
- Review components of a Supply Chain Strategic Plan.
- Recognize the importance of presenting and selling the Supply Chain Strategic Plan.
- Examine several case studies.
- Prepare to implement a strategic plan.