"Lean Management" sounds like a process that we don’t have time for. But in reality, it is simply modifying processes so that we reduce the amount of supply chain work and resources, while still providing the customer with the value they want and expect. Less work and less resource-use is good for everyone. This session provides an overview of supply chain management and the areas that could be modified to reduce waste. In addition, it describes how to instill a culture of change within your own team and empower your staff to begin looking for and implementing small changes which will ultimately bring value back to the stakeholders that we serve.
- Learn the history of performance improvement and how the concept has changed over time.
- Discover how the concept of Kaizen can lead to large improvements over time.
- Explore the structure and types of Kaizens which can be molded to fit target areas of opportunity.
- Recognize the eight types of waste and develop initiatives to eliminate them from the healthcare environment.
- Thomas Allen Archer — System Director Supply Chain Management, Houston Healthcare