Reducing variability in products, supplies, pharmaceuticals, and other cost drivers is key to achieving margins in Medicare payment. It is complex in both large and small hospitals, with consequences to physician satisfaction. This webinar tails the process used by Vidant Health (an eight-hospital system with a 900-bed academic medical center) to engage physicians in standardization resulting in substantial savings. We cover the process from beginning to end, pitfalls, discovery, and outcomes.
- Organize an effective process to identify, prioritize, and standardize costs.
- Implement a structure that engages and enables the process to decrease physician variability.
- Anticipate barriers to the process, compile lessons learned, and gauge effective results and expectations.
- Heather Bogan — Vice President, VHA
- William Brian Floyd, MBA, RN — President, Vidant Medical Center